Spiritual Health may not be something that you think much of, yet its impact on your life is unavoidable.
The basis of spirituality is discovering a sense of meaningfulness in your life and coming to know that you have a purpose to fulfill.
Many factors play a part in defining spirituality – religious faith, beliefs, values, ethics, principles and morals.
Some gain spirituality by growing in their personal relationship with God, others, or through being at peace with nature.
Spirituality allows us to find the inner calm and peace needed to get through whatever life brings, no matter what one’s beliefs are or where they may be on your spiritual journey.
The following are a some ways to strengthen your spiritual health:
- Ability to explain why you believe what you believe
- Being able to practice forgiveness and compassion in life
- Caring and acting for the welfare of others and the environment
- Develop a purpose in life
- Have a clear sense of right and wrong, and act accordingly
- Spend reflective time alone
- Take time to reflect on the meaning of events in life
- Write down what you are thankful for and take time to reflect on them